The Parts of Medicare

Medicare has two parts and each part has its own set of rules:

Part A governs the provisions under which acute care in hospitals is rendered and also allows limited coverage for skilled nursing care, home care and hospice care. It is paid by employer and employee contributions.

Part B governs all of the coverages and limitations dealing with physicians, usually outpatient, all types of diagnostic tests, and all medical treatment. Part B is paid by general tax revenues from the United States federal income tax in the amount of 75%. The remaining 25% portion is paid in the form of a set monthly Medicare premium paid by the eligible participants.

For more general inquiries about Medicare, please contact member services.

Posted in: Health Care